Get to know Folmer
Folmer's practice mainly consists of matters relating to contract logistics, transport and (international) trade. Folmer also advises (logistic) service providers and their underwriters on liability issues. This may also involve matters of company law. In the Practice Group Employment Folmer primarily focuses on reorganizations.
Folmer's clients are logistic service providers, transport companies and their underwriters.
Folmer's career as a lawyer started in 2000 with the law firm Van Dunné & Van der Wiel, a specialist law firm for transport and trade. In 2004 Folmer joined Van Harmelen Beijneveld Van Houten, where he became a partner in 2007.
Folmer is a member of the Association of Rotterdam Employment Law lawyers (Vereniging van Rotterdamse Arbeidsrecht Advocaten “VRAA”)
- Folmer frequently advises logistics services providers and their insurance companies on logistics and related liability issues.
- He has a lot of experience with drafting and negotiating logistics contracts.
- Folmer also offers advice and guidance to companies on various issues such as restructuring, including but not limited to employment and lease issues.
- Folmer’s practice covers the full range of dispute resolution with an accent on logistics related matters, employment matters and directors’ liability.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Netherlands' Association for Maritime and Transport Law
- Association of Rotterdam Employment Law lawyers
- Grotius Academy (Postgraduate Course Enterprise and Liability, 2014)
- De Juridische Academie (Post Graduate Course Company Law, 2008)
- Grotius Academy (Postgraduate Course Transport Law, 2004)
- University of Utrecht LLM (Dutch Private Law and Economic Administrative and Company Law, 2000)